The Mothers’ Union (MU) is a world wide Christian organisation whose aim is specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life. In order to carry out its aim, the MU objectives are:
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- To maintain a world wide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
The MU is as relevant today as it was to Mary Sumner, its founder, in 1876. Around the world 3.6 million members in 76 countries are seeking to improve lives through the transforming love of Jesus Christ.
Visitors and new members are welcome at all of our meetings.
Please see the Dorchester Benefice Magazine for details of this month's meetings.