Dating from Norman times, the church was rebuilt in the 15th century, and restored in 1905. The font is Norman, as are the aisle, piers and arches. The pulpit dates from around 1626. It was, orginally a three decker pulpit, comprising pulpit, lectern, and clerk's seat. The roof dating from 1626, is a notable example of a waggon, or barrel shaped roof. The church has six bells, the oldest dating from 1746 by Wm Knight of Closworth, Somerset. They rang out in 1947 after being silent for 100 years since most of the former peal was sold to pay debts. The five new bells by John Taylor of Loughborough were hung as a memorial to those who died in the second world war.
Last updated by Administrator on 22nd November 2015 at 12:55pm